Common Questions

Do you have a questions? Below are Homeowners’ most frequent questions. If you cannot find the information you need here, please contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to belong to the SHOA?
Yes, anyone purchasing in Melton 2 & 3, Wildridge 1 & 2, Wildoak, Country Club 1 & 2, Horse Ranch, Crossings, Rodeo Place, Ridgerun 1, 2, 3, & 4, Woodrun 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Fox Run, and Two Creeks are subject to the Master Declaration of the Snowmass Homeowners Association. Condominiums, Melton I, and Sinclair Meadows are not part of the SHOA.
What does the assessment cover?

The Association’s main functions are design review and covenant enforcement. Although the covenants are over 70 years old, many are still enforceable today. All expenses can be viewed on our budget page. At this time payments can be made by credit card. Payments cannot be made by Paypal, Venmo or other online services. Payments may be made if you have an account with Alpine Bank.

Who can be on the Board?
The Board consists of any member in the Association who wishes to serve. A person can be nominated at the annual meeting or self-nominate at said meeting and voted on by the membership.
What does the Design Committee review?
The Committee reviews any exterior change in property including exterior construction, landscaping, tree removal, and exterior colors. Approval must be obtained for these changes before a building permit is issued.
Where can I find pertinent documents and design guidelines?
All documents, guidelines can be found on this website, including meeting minutes and financials.
What happens if a covenant violation occurs?
Upon written notice to the Board of Directors, the violation will be investigated. If evidence is found that a violation exists, a Show Cause Notice will be issued. This will allow the violator to address the Board and show cause why further legal action should not be commenced. If the issue is not resolved at this meeting, further legal action including a Notice of Violation will begin.
What are Notice of Change in Existing State of Property and a Certificate of Compliance?
A Notice of Change is filed on new construction or major remodels. This ensures the project will be completed per the approved plans submitted to the Design Committee and within the designated time line. This essentially is a lien on the property and must be cured with a Certificate of Compliance. A member of the Design Committee will do a final exterior inspection of the construction and if it conforms with approved plans a Certificate of Compliance will be issued. Both documents are filed with the Pitkin County Clerk.

SHOA Office Location

The Romero Group
350 Market Street, Suite 304
Basalt, CO 81621
(970) 273-3100
Mailing Address:
Snowmass Homeowners Association
P.O. Box 5670
Snowmass Village, Colorado 81615

Have a question?

Simply fill in this form.
We’ll respond to you directly.